Overspent

Y’all, I’m so tired. Not in the sleepy sense, in the sense that I really don’t care about anything I write or draw here lately, or on Office Crush, or with my book. Some professional publishing people have asked about my other other book, Darryl, and I haven’t even responded because I’m so so so TIRED of it all. I hate everything.

I even pulled out the big guns, my favorite drawing ever:

That’s my Unicorn of Happiness, along with his pal, the SSRI of Happiness. They can make miracles happen. They can pull anyone out of any funk. But alas, this funk is here to stay.

I even tried giving myself a deep, meaningful, draw-writing prompt:

If that’s not deep and meaningful, then nothing is. NOTHING.

Pie chart?

I even tried to make a shirt for myself that said, “Life” and had a picture of a lemon on it, and per reading about a life list meme on Facebook that mentioned doing this, I was going to hand out lemons at the grocery store. But CafePress was a bitch and I gave up, so my life list is pretty out of whack.

What I’m saying is that I’ll still be posting, but maybe a little less frequently until I get my mojo back, and I might rerun some greatest hits. You know, those posts that at least two people read? Yeah, those. Don’t hate me, because I love you.

OK? OK.

Comments

Take care of yourself, girl. I know what burnout is, having suffered from it a time or two. When that Unicorn of Happiness and his pal don’t cut the mustard anymore, that’s a good indicator. When the PIE CHART doesn’t do it for you, you know it’s time for a serious break.
    Good luck.

Oh boy do I feel you!! Sometimes there is just too much to write and too much to talk about and not enough time to think or relax. I’m pooped!!

3. Celeste says

Hang in there, girl. Everybody has slumps, and you’ve hat a lot happen in a short amount of time this summer. (((hugs)))

My eldest son came up behind me and said, “Oh NO! Not unicorns and salt shakers again!”

I thought that might amuse you. ‘Salright, boo. Gonna be ok.

I’m with you. What’s next in the blogosphere? Time to be a trendsetter and come up with something outrageously popular and only slightly awkward. Okay maybe outrageously awkward and only slightly popular…

Get some rest. I know you’ll be better than ever when you come back. :) Sometimes, we need time to save up our energy and regenerate ourselves so that we can create.

Thanks for this post…not because you’re having a hard time, but because you’re helping me be okay with the fact that I’m having a hard time. I’ve gone from three posts a week to being lucky to get out one a week lately. Heck…I’m lucky to accomplish much of anything beyond 5pm. You give me hope…because I KNOW that you’ll bounce back. You’re so wonderful, and funny, and…real. I think that’s what I like best. You’re always real. Hang in there Shalini. Give the unicorn a great big hug…